SUBSTANTIAL & ELEGANT PERIOD HOME IN WALLED GARDENS WITH CONVERTED COACH HOUSE AND STABLES INTO TWO INCOME GENERATING COTTAGES
Set in delightful walled gardens, Orchard House dates back to 1901 when the house was commissioned for the local veterinarian, John Miller, who used part of the substantial property as his surgery. The elegant façades are fronted in attractive Burwell whites, baked in local kilns, with a slate roof and sympathetically extended in the 1930s. Well-proportioned accommodation retains a wealth of period features including: beautifully carved staircase, decorative floor tiles, panelled wainscot, stripped panelled doors and ornate open fireplaces. In addition to the six bedroom main house, a two bedroom former Coach House and one bedroom former Stables have been sensitively converted in recent years to provide income generating assets or to suit a variety of other uses whether for extended family or business purposes.
The glorious grounds are a wonderful tranquil feature and entirely enclosed by high brick and flint walls. From formal lawns and topiary to wild flower meadow and Italianate gardens, there is plenty of pockets for enjoyment and a pleasing degree of privacy. The property is approached via a gated driveway with extensive parking, double garage, workshop, garden studio and an attractive summerhouse. In all, grounds extend to approximately 0.8 acre.